If you find errors or require an entry please contact me.
For What's on in Wakefield see What's On index page
For links to websites see Links page
- Emergencies only - 999
- Non-emergencies - 101
- Wakefield Police station helpdesk - 01924 293259
Pinderfields Hospital, Aberford Road Wakefield
Environment Agency Floodline
- 24 hour advice and information on floods and warnings 0845 988 1188
Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive): 40-50 Wellington St, Leeds LS1 2DE.
- For free information and timetables for all local bus and Metrotrain services, ring MetroLine on 0113 245 7676. Service open Mon. to Sat 8am to 7pm; Sunday and bank holidays 9am to 5.30pm.
AccessBus and AccessExpress:
- Fully accessible door-to-door dial a ride bus services provided free to eligible residents within West Yorkshire. To register, ring the enquiry line, 01274 304297, Mon. to Fri, 8am-3.30pm.
- Coach service enquiries and credit card reservations: 08705 808080.
- Times and fares for national services: 08457 48 49 50 (24 hour service; calls charged at local rates).
- Local Metro Train information: 0113 245 7676.
- Customer Services: Northern Spirit Ltd: 0113 247 9724.
- Great North Eastern Rail Ltd: 01904 522682.
- Rail Users Consultative Committee: 01904 625615.
- Leeds/Bradford Airport, Yeadon: General enquiries: 0113 250 9696.
- Manchester Airport: 0161 489 3000.
LEISURE ACTIVITIES (See also What's On section of this website for local events.)
- Anglers' Country Park: Haw Park Lane, Wintersett. Wakefield: 01924 863262.
- Bretton Country Park: Information Centre, Huddersfield Rd, 01924 830550.
- Lightwaves Leisure Centre Lower York St/Marsh Way, Wakefield 01924 302315.
- Newmillerdam Country Park: Barnsley Rd, Wakefield: 01924 259094.
- Normanton Community Centre: Market St, Normanton, Wakefield: 01924 302525.
- Pugneys Country Park: Denby Dale Rd, Wakefield: 01924 302360. Open every day from 10.00am, closing times vary.
- Thornes Park Athletic Stadium: Horbury Rd, Wakefield: 01924 302385.
- Wakefield M D C Sport & Recreation Service Unit, Town Hall, Normanton, 01924 307810.
- Tourist Information Centre, 9 The Bull Ring, Wakefield, WF1 1HB Phone 01924 305000/1 or 0845 601 8353
- Town Hall, Market Place, Ossett: Wakefield: 01924 302999.
- Library HQ: Wakefield One, Burton Street, Wakefield: 01924 302210.
Borrow books free. Enquire about your local heritage. Consult the local information database. Access the internet free
- Ackworth Moor Top: Parish Community Centre, Bell Lane, Moor Top, Ackworth, Pontefract WF7 7JH: 01977 722220. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri: Closed, Tues and Thurs 2.00pm to 7.00pm. , Sat, 9.00am to 1.00pm.
- Airedale Centre, The Square, Airedale, Castleford, WF10 3JJ: 01977 724040. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Wed, 9.00am to 7.30pm, Tues, Fri, 9.00am to 5.00pm, Thur, 9.00am to 6.00pm, Sat, 9.30am to 4.00pm
- Altofts: Church Rd, Altofts, Normanton, WF6 2NN: 01924 302470. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, 10.00am to 12.00 noon, Tues. and Thurs, 2.00pm to 7.00pm; Sat, 10.00am to 2.00pm, Wed and Fri, closed.
- Castleford: Carlton Street, Castleford, WF10 1BB: 01977 722085. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri, 9.30am to 5.30pm, Sat, 9.30am to 3.00pm, Wed closed.
- Crofton: High Street, Crofton, Wakefield, WF4 1NG: 01924 303960. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, 2.00pm to 6.00pm, Sat, 10.00am to 1.00 pm.
- Featherstone: Victoria Street, off Station Lane, Featherstone, Pontefract, WF7 5BB: 01977 722745. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Thurs, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Wed and Fri, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm; Tues, Closed, 10.00am to 2.00pm.
- Havercroft, Cow Lane, Havercroft, WF4 2BE: 01226 722152. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, Thurs, 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Tues, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Fri, 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 10.00am to 1.00pm, Wed, Closed.
- Hemsworth: Market Street, Hemsworth, Pontefract, WF9 4JY: 01977 722270. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Thurs, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Tues, Fri, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 10.00am to 1.00pm, Wed, Closed.
- Horbury: Westfield Road, Horbury, WF4 6HP: 01924 303060. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon. and Fri, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Tues. and Wed, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 10.00am to 1.00pm, Thur, closed.
- Kettlethorpe: Community Centre, Standbridge Lane, Kettlethorpe, Wakefield, WF2 7NW: 01924 303375. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, 2.00pm to 6.00pm, Wed, Thur, Fri, 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 9.30am to 2.00pm, Tue, closed.
- Kinsley: Wakefield Road, Kinsley, Pontefract, WF9 5BP: 01977 722300. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, Thu, 2.00pm to 7.00pm; Tue, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Fri, 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 9.00am to 1.00pm, Wed, closed.
- Knottingley: Hill Top, Pontefract Road, Knottingley, Pontefract, WF11 8EE: 01977 722450. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, 2.00pm to 6.00pm; Tue, Wed, Fri, 9.30am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 6.00pm, Sat, 9.00am to 1.30pm, Thu, closed.
- Middlestown: County Primary School, Cross Road, Middlestown, Wakefield, WF4 4QE: 01924 302930. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, 2.30pm to 4.30pm and 5.00pm to 7.00pm; Wed, 2.30pm to 6.00pm, Fri, 2.30pm to 5pm, Sat, 10.00am to 12.00 noon, Tue, Thur, closed.
- Mobile Library: 01924 302241 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ring for details of times and areas covered
- Normanton: Market Street, Normanton, WF6 2AR: 01924 302525. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, Thur, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 7.00pm; Tue, Fri, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 10.00am to4.00pm, Wed, closed.
- Ossett: Station Rd, Ossett, WF5 8AB: 01924 303040. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, 10.00am to 7.00pm, Tue, 10.00am to 5.00pm, Sat, 10.00am to 1.00pm, Thur, Closed
- Outwood: Victoria Street, Leeds Rd, Outwood, Wakefield, WF1 2NE: 01924 303115. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, Fri, 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Tue, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Wed, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Sat, 9.00am to 1.00pm, Thur, closed.
- Pontefract: Shoemarket, Pontefract, WF8 1BD: 01977 727692. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, 9.30am to 7.00pm, Sat, 9.30am to 4.30pm, Thur, closed.
- Sandal: Sparable Lane, Sandal, Wakefield, WF1 5LJ: 01924 303355. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, Wed, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 6.00pm, Tue, Fri, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 9.00am to 2.00pm, Thur, closed.
- Schools Library Service: 01924 302238 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, 8.30am to 6.00pm, Tue, Thur, 8.30am to 5.00pm, Sat, Closed. Times may vary in summer holiday.
- South Elmsall: Barnsley Road, South Elmsall, Pontefract, WF9 2AA: 01977 723220. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, Wed, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Tue, Fri, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm, Thur, closed.
- South Kirkby: White Apron Street, South Kirkby, Pontefract, WF9 3LD: 01977 723370. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Wed, 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Tue, 1.00pm to 5.00pm, Wed, 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Fri, 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 10.00am to 1.00pm, Thur, closed.
- Stanley: Lake Lock Road, Stanley, Wakefield, WF3 4HU: 01924 303130. Email: email@example.com Hours: Mon, Thur, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Tue, Thur, 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm, Sat, 10.00am to 2.00pm, Wed, closed.
- Upton: High Street, Upton, Pontefract, WF9 1HG: 01977 723285. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, 1.00pm to 7.00pm, Sat, 9.00am to 1.00pm, Tue, Thur, closed.
- Walton: 51 School Lane, Walton, Wakefield, WF2 6NR: 01924 303340. Email email@example.com Hours: Mon, Fri, 2.00pm to 7.00pm, Wed, 2.00pm to 6.00pm, Sat, 10.00amto 2.00pm, Tue, Thur, closed.
- Brick House Youth Club: Contact through team base at The Brick House, Ossett: 01924 267244. Bob Mennell.
- Crigglestone Youth Club: Community Centre, 24 Cliff Road, Crigglestone, Wakefield WF4 1NF: 01924 225826. Debbie Minshall
- Crofton Youth Club: Magnall Annexe, High Street, Crofton, Wakefield WF4 1NF: 01924 303965.
- Cross Keys Youth Club: Former St Peter's School, Lake Lock Road, Stanley, Wakefield WF3 4HW: 01924 826796. Alan Gordon.
- Eastmoor Youth Club: Wakefield City High School, Warmfield View, Eastmoor, Wakefield WF1 4SF: 01924 364576.
- Gawthorpe Youth Club: North Ossett High School, Gawthorpe Lane, Ossett WF5 4BB: 01924 271498. Pauline Crook.
- Grange Park Youth Club: Outwood Grange School, Potovens Lane, Wakefield WF1 2PE: 01924 820223. Dave Walton.
- Kettlethorpe Youth Club: Standbridge Lane, Wakefield WF2 7NW: 01924 255517. Dave Vodden.
- Normanton Youth Club: Former Wood house Nursery School, Wakefield Road, Normanton WF6 1BB: 01924 223191.
- Ossett and Horbury team: The Brick House, Prospect Road, Ossett WF5 8AE: 01924 267244. Team leader, Carol Mennell.
- Ryhill and Havercroft Youth Club: Cemetery Road, Ryhill, Wakefield WF4 2DP: 01226 722147.
- Wakefield City, Stanley and Outwood area team: Manygates Education Centre, Manygates Lane, Sandal, Wakefield WF2 7DQ: 01924 249229. Team Leader: Geraint Owen.
- Wakefield Detached Team: Contact through team base at Manygates Education Centre,
Wakefield: 01924 249229. Steve Thorley Lawson.
- Wakefield District Council Youth Service: District Youth Office: Room 433, County Hall,
Wakefield F1 2QL: 01924 305544. Principal Youth Officer: Lister Baynes.
OTHER YOUTH GROUPS
- 1st Ossett Boys' Brigade. A group for boys aged 5 to 18. Held weekly at Kings Way Church, Wesley Street, Ossett, WF5 5ET. Meet on Wednesdays. 5 to 8 year olds 6pm to 7.15pm. 8 to 11 year olds 6pm to 7.45pm. 11 year old plus 6pm to 8pm. Contact Denise Turton on 01924 261391. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Wakefield (Wrenthorpe) Boys' Brigade: Wrenthorpe Methodist Church, Tues., Junior: seven to 11 years, 6.30pm. Thurs., Company: 11 years plus, 7.15pm. Secretary: Mrs S. M. Abbott, 17 Melbourne Road, St John's, Wakefield: 01924 365848. Captain: Mr W. Abbott.
- 1st Wrenthorpe Girls' Brigade: Wrenthorpe Methodist Church, Mon., five to seven year-olds 6.30-7.30; eight years plus 7.30pm-8.30pm. Contact Miss J. Bentley, 46 Coronation Street, Wrenthorpe, Wakefield: 01924 378572.
- 2nd Wakefield (Crofton): Old Drama Hall, Crofton High School, Beavers, Mon., 6pm; Cubs, Wed, 6.30, Scouts, Mon., 7.15pm; and Ventures, Fri, 7.15pm. Contact Mr G. Oades: 01924 862159.
- 8th Wakefield (Horbury Bridge): Scout Hut, Bridge Road, Horbury Bridge. Beavers Mon. 6:15pm; Cubs Thurs. 6.30pm; Scouts Thurs. 8pm. Contact Adrian Cooper 01924 314033.
- 9th Wakefield (South Ossett): 86 Manor Road, Ossett. Beavers Mon. 6pm; Cubs Thurs. 6.15pm; Scouts Tues. 7pm. Contact Stuart Clewlow: 01924 281107.
- 10th Wakefield (Lupset Church): St George's Church Hall, Broadway, Lupset. Cubs Thurs. 6.30pm; Scouts & Venturers Fri 7pm. Contact Keith James: 01924 377235.
- 12th West Wakefield Cub Scout & Venture Group: Dewsbury Road Methodist Church. Beavers, Thurs. 5.30pm; Cubs, Wed 6pm; Scouts, Wed 7.30pm, Ventures, Sunday evening. Contact Malcolm Reid: 01924 371013.
- 15th Wakefield (Sandal Magna): 699 Barnsley Road, Newmillerdam, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Venturers. Contact Mr P. Davies: 01924 255129.
- 17th Wakefield (Outwood Church): Outwood Church Inst., Leeds Road, Outwood. Beavers Tues. 6.15pm. Contact Ken Joul: 01924 824875.
- 23rd Wakefield (Sandal Methodist): Rear Sandal Methodist Church, Barnsley Road, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. Contact Mrs M. Ayers: 01924 242253.
- 25th Wakefield (St John's): St John's Scout & Guide Centre, St John's. Beavers Thurs. 5.30pm; Cubs 6.15pm/Fri 7.30pm; Venturers Fri 7.30pm. Contact Philip Booth: 01924 378758.
- 31st Wakefield (St Anne's Wrenthorpe): St Anne's Church Hall, Wrenthorpe. Beavers (6 - 8 years) Wednesday 18.00 - 19.00.
Cubs (8 - 10½ years) Wednesday 19.00 - 20.30. Scouts (10½ - 14 years) Thursday 19.00 - 21.00. Ace of Spades Explorer Scout Unit, (14 - 18 years) Monday 19.30 - 21.00. Contact David Pontin: 01924 378518.
- 35th Wakefield (Kettlethorpe) Scout Group: Contact Ms F W Britton 258 Standbridge Lane, Crigglestone Wakefield 01924 250555.
- 37th Wakefield (St Peter/St Paul): Beavers Thurs.; Scouts Mon. Contact Elaine Taylor: 01924 378086.
- 38th Wakefield (Walton): Walton Methodist Hall; Beavers, Cubs and Scouts, contact Brian Chambers: 01924 256156.
- 39th Wakefield (St Paul's Alverthorpe): St Paul's School, Alverthorpe. Beavers Fri 6pm; Cubs Mon. 6.30pm; Scouts Fri 7.15pm. Contact Bill Sim: 01924 382245.
- 44th Wakefield (Parkside): Parkside Methodist Church, Outwood. Cubs 6.30pm; Scouts Fri 7.30pm. Contact Chris Dunford: 01924 211672.
- 45th Wakefield (Durkar): Scout Hut, Crigglestone Nursery. Beavers Mon. 6.15pm; Cubs Tue 6.15pm; Scouts Wed 7.30pm. Contact Mr M. Stead, 90 Ashdene Drive, Crofton, Wakefield: 01924 863322.
- 48th Wakefield (Ryhill): Havercroft First School, Beavers Thurs., Cubs Wed, Scouts Fri. Contact Andrew Cook: 01226 726914.
- 50th Wakefield (Holy Trinity Ossett): Holy Trinity School, Church Street, Ossett. Beavers Tues. 6pm; Cubs Tues. 7.15pm; Scouts Fri 7.30pm; Venturers Tues. 8pm. ContactNeal Thompson: 01924 260130.
- Air Training Corps (City of Wakefield): Wakefield Squadron, for air minded youth between 13 and 18, Mon. and Thurs., 6.30pm. Contact Flt Lt Mrs Stockill, 127 Squadron ATC, TA Centre, George Street, Wakefield: 01924 824258.
- Alverthorpe, Flanshaw, St John's, Eastmoor, Mrs P Lambert: 01924 376857.
- Crofton Star Lightning Majorettes: Nostell Miners' Welfare Club, Crofton, training Mon. & Wed 5.30pm-7.30pm for girls (5-7) presenting displays at galas, fetes and carnivals.
- District Commissioner (Chevet): Covering Kettlethorpe, Calder Grove, Hall Green, Notton and Newmillerdam. Mrs J Craven: 01924 252917.
- District Commissioner (Gaskell): Covering Horbury, Netherton and Middlestown. Mrs M. Falshaw: 01924 262818.
- District Commissioner (Heath): Covering Walton, Crofton, and Sharlston. Mrs L. Wood: 01924 862881.
- District Commissioner (Sandal): Covering Sandal. Miss L Gascoigne: 01924 2511324.
- Division Commissioner: Mrs S. Hepple, 463 Doncaster Road, Crofton: 01924 862350.
- Division Commissioner: Mrs K Shooter, 9 Netherly Brow, Ossett: 01924 274244.
- Fleur-De-Lys Majorettes: Jubilee Hall, Townley Road, Lupset, Tue and Thurs., 4.30pm-7pm for girls from seven to 17 years. Contact Mr G. Murphy, 7 Robin Hood Crescent, Lupset, Wakefield: 01924 376226.
- Kirkhamgate, Wrenthorpe, Outwood, Stanley, Miss R Bramald: 01924 253714. Email: email@example.com
- Netherton Methodist Sunday School: Fri 6pm-7pm. Contact Mr J. V. Newsome: 01924 274727.
- Sea Cadets (Wakefield Unit): Thornes Lane Wharf, Wakefield, 12-18s, boys and girls, Tuesday & Friday, 7pm. 10-12s, Friday, 7pm. 01924 372519/823150.
- St Michael's, Dewsbury Road, Horbury Road, Lupset, Mrs. J Grundy: 01924 363284.
- Wakefield Sea Cadets: Thornes Wharf, Wakefield, Tue and Fri, 7pm. Contact Mr A. Pick: 01924 372519.
- Yorkshire Army Cadet Force, Wakefield Detachment: TA Centre, George Street, Wakefield, Mon. and Fri, pm.
- Access Poetry: Treacy Hall, Wakefield Cathedral, WF1 1HG. Third Thursday each month, 7.00pm-9.00pm. Contact Jonathan Wilson: 0113 238 0904.
- Acorn Computer Group: West Yorkshire Sports and Social Huddersfield Line Rail Users' Group: Contact Mr C. R. Hyomes, 243 Weeland Rd, Sharlston Common, Wakefield WF4 1DY.
- Black Horse Poets: Henry Boon's, Westgate, Wakefield. WF2 9SR. Second and last Tuesdays each month, 7.00pm-9.00pm. Contact: 07947 136706.
- Borough Senior Citizens' Whist Club: Town Hall, Wakefield, Monday, 6.30pm-9pm. Contact Mr B. Ward: 01924 361208.
- British Rail Retired Staff Club: (Wakefield and District), British Rail Social Club, Ossett. Secretary: Mr A. Bouckley, 64 Cumbrian Way, Wakefield: 01924 376680.
- British Sugarcraft Guild: Wakefield branch secretary: Miss R. Kershaw: 01924 253284.
- Calder Probus Club: Three Houses Inn, Barnsley Rd, Wakefield, second Tue 12.15pm and fourth Tue 11am. Contact Mr C.K. Faulkner: 01924 275832.
- Chantry Wine and Beer Circle: 1X Wakefield Scout HQ, Manor Rd, Ossett, third Wed each month, 8pm. Secretary: Mrs M. Conniss: 01924 274897.
- Crofton Village Association: Contact Mr Simon Bennett, 29, Springhill Drive, Crofton, Wakefield: 01924 862815.
- Dewsbury and Wakefield Two Bird Club: Ossett Cricket Club, first Mon. each month, 8pm. Contact Mr J. Griffiths, 68 Industrial St, Horbury, Wakefield: 01924 261987.
- Durkar Women's' Institute: Methodist Chapel, 19a Durkar Lane, Wakefield: 01924 268263.
- Eastmoor Working Men's Club: Jacob's Well Lane, Wakefield: 01924 373365.
- Flockton Young Farmers: for details contact Amanda: 01924 260346.
- Friends of Wakefield Chantry Chapel: Chairman, Mr J. Gilbey: 01924 373847.
- Gissing Trust: Gissing Centre, Thompson Yard, Wakefield.
- Horbury Arts Society: Contact June Grayson 3 St Peters Court, Horbury 01924 272288
- Meditation and Positive Thinking: Brahma Kumaris: Quaker Meeting House, Thornhill St, Wed, 7.30pm. Also at 126 Ferry Lane, Wed 7.30pm, and a woman's meeting at the Well Women Centre, Cheapside, Wakefield, Thurs. 7.30pm. For information ring: 01924 364039.
- National Health Service Retirement Fellowship: Town Hall, Wakefield, first and third Tue each month, 2pm. Secretary: Mrs A. Rankin, 19 Melbourne Rd, Wakefield: 01924 378807.
- Netherton Village Hall: Contact Mrs A. M. Ford, 9 Southfields View, Netherton, Wakefield: 01924 277375.
- Normanton Dog Training Club: Obedience Training for puppies and other dogs, Contact Mrs J. Thickbroom, 8 Falmouth Crescent, Normanton, Wakefield: 01924 896124.
- North Wakefield Radio Club: Meets at Ardsley Cricket Club: Contact Ken Barker 12 Woodlands, East Ardsley. 0771 4385307.
- Ossett (E) Townswomen's' Guild: Contact Mrs H S Waring 41 Tenterfield Rd, Ossett 01924 260569
- Ossett Over 60s Club: Salvation Army, Leeds Rd, Gawthorpe, Ossett, Tue, 2pm.
- Ossett Railway Group: Community Centre, Ossett, Wed, 7pm. Contact Mr M. Thompson, 3 Fearnley Avenue, Ossett: 01924 273912.
- Outwood Garden Club: Outwood Memorial Hall. Contact: Mrs S. Dack, 403 Leeds Rd, Newton Hill, Wakefield: 01924 825056.
- Outwood Camera Club: Outwood Memorial Hall, every Wed, 7.30pm. Contact Mr M Hooley: 01924 827608.
- Peacock Tenants Association: Contact: M. Barraclough: 01924 377541.
- People and Dogs' Society: (Canine advice lifeline). Contact Marjorie: 01977 517180.
- Pontefract Archaeological Society: Pontefract Museum, 5 Salter Row, Pontefract: 01977 614107.
- Portobello Active Kids; Group for 5 to 16 year olds: Contact Evelyn Campbell: 01924 219662 or 249601.
- Primrose Hill Working Men's Club: Park Lodge Lane, Wakefield: 01924 376076.
- Reconnect - Supporting older people in West Wakefield: West Wakefield Methodist Church, Thornes Rd WF2 8QR. Contact Ms Helen Smith: 01924 374238. Registered Charity No. 1101907
- Rotaract Club of Wakefield: Wooolpack Hotel, Westgate, Wakefield, first and third Wed. each month 8pm. Contact Mr Simon Kendall: 01924 291294 or Joanna Evans: 01977 699066.
- SOUL (Supporters of Outwood Library): Secretary, Wendy Plummer, 2 Langdale Avenue, Outwood, Wakefield: 01924 870890.
- Stanley Good Companions: Eastmoor WMC, Thurs. night. Contact Mr P. Fillingham: 01924 827459.
- St Austin's Over 60s Club: St Austin's RC Church, Wentworth Terrace, Wakefield, Thurs., 1pm.
- The Aloe Vera Information Service: free advice around nutritional therapies. Yvonne James (member of the Institute of Optimum Nutrition): 01924 870587.
- Thurs. Club: (Over 60s) Trinity Methodist Church, Stanley Rd, Eastmoor, Thurs., 2pm (during term time).
- Vintage Motor Cycle Club: Wakefield branch. Sandal RU Club House, Milnthorpe Green, Sandal, last Wed each month, 7.30pm. Contact Mr John Greenwood: 01924 480391.
- Wakefield Advanced Motorists: West Yorkshire Sports Club, Sandal Hall Close, second Mon. each month, 8pm. Contact Graham James 01924 254822 or Janice Priestley: 0113 2283937.
- Wakefield and District Family History Society: Outwood Memorial Hall, Leeds Rd, Outwood, Wakefield, WF1 2DU Tel : 01924 373310 Meetings 1st Saturday each month, except August. Contact : Mr. Ron Pullan Tel : 01924 373310
- Wakefield and Rothwell 18 Plus: (Up to 30 years of age) Unicorn Inn, Main St, Carlton, Mon., 8.30pm plus weekday and weekend activities.
- Wakefield Archaeological Society: Wakefield Museum, Wood St, Wakefield. For details of days and times of meetings, phone 01924 305350.
- Wakefield Art Club: Meets most Tues. at Thornes Arts Centre. Contact W Dalton, 1 Canal Lane, Wakefield 01924 822205.
- Wakefield Caledonian Society: Secretary: Mrs J. A. McClymont, 35 Manor Haigh Rd, Lupset, Wakefield: 01924 387157.
- Wakefield Camera Club: meetings Wakefield City Club, Brunswick St, Wakefield, every Mon., 7.30pm (except August). Publicity officer: Mr C. B. Jackson: 01924 250428.
- Wakefield Campaign for Real Ale: Contact: Mark Goodair, 7 Rayner St, Horbury, Wakefield: 01924 278043.
- Wakefield Chess Club: For further details contact Mr D. M. Denison: 01924 364567.
- Wakefield Civic Society: Secretary: Mr John E. M. Gilbey, 2 Westfield Terrace, St John's, Wakefield.
- Wakefield Concert Society: International chamber music concerts. Chairman: Liz Bleek: 01924 274658. Treasurer Mrs C. Morris: 01924 276897. Link to What's On
- Wakefield District Outward Bound Association: For young people aged between 16 and 21. Contact: Mike Wood, Manygates Education Centre, Manygates Lane, Sandal.
- Wakefield Dog Training Club: Contact : 01924 272275.
- Wakefield Flower Club: Brook House WMC, Barnsley Road, Wakefield, first Tue each month, 7.15pm. Secretary: Miss J. Ives, 74 Batley Rd, Alverthorpe, Wakefield: 01924 372520
- Wakefield Geranium Society: Contact Barry Stephenson, 2 Wilman Post, Ossett 01924 265624.
- Wakefield German Club: Third Fri each month, 7.30pm, for details of venue contact, Mrs A. Sharp, Hodroyd House, 637 Barnsley Rd, Wakefield: 01924 253511.
- Wakefield Historical Society: Ad-Lib Gallery, Drury Lane, second Wed in the month, 7.15pm from September to April. Secretary: Mrs Carys Nichol, 18 South Drive, Sandal. Wakefield: 01924 257238.
- Wakefield Junior Chamber of Commerce: Organisation for 18 to 40 years olds wishing to participate in training, community and social events. New Commerce House, Westgate, Wakefield. President, Karen Jamieson: 0113 2575371; membership officer, Karen Jones, 91 Huddersfield Rd, Shelley HD8 8HG: 01484 608218.
- Wakefield LETS (Local Exchange Trading Scheme): Contact Sandra Jones 01924 291249 or Julie Bloomfield 01924 305821.
- Wakefield Movie Makers (Film and video): Club Cinema, Clarendon St, off Lower York St, Wakefield, Thurs., 7.30pm. Secretary: Mrs M. Spence, 12 Hayton Wood View, Aberford LS25 3AN: 01132 281 2503.
- Wakefield Over 60s Club: Salvation Army, Vicarage St, Wakefield, Thurs., 1.30pm.
- Wakefield Pagan Moot: Folklore, ghosts, paganism. Contact Steve Jones, 41 Fenton Rd, Lee Moor, Stanley, Wakefield: 01924 824700. Meets on the 1st Monday of each month at Henry Boons,Westgate (upstairs) from 7:45pm and is free.
- Wakefield Paxton Society: (Horticultural society) Memorial Hall, Leeds Rd, Outwood, third Tue each month, 7pm. Secretary: Mr A. Warwick: 01924 826773.
- Wakefield Pensioners' Organisation: Wakefield Town Hall, first and third Tue each month, 10.30am. Chairwoman: Mrs E. Williams: 01924 863275.
- Wakefield Philatelic Society: Drury Lane Library, off Westgate, Wakefield, first & third Wednesdays Sept-June, 7pm-9pm. All welcome. Secretary: Mr J Wood: 01924 250644.
- Wakefield Probus Club: Chasley Hotel, Queen St, Wakefield, first Tue, 12noon and third Tue, 11am. Secretary: Mr D Coombes, 11 Woodthorpe Drive, Sandal, Wakefield: 01924 259979.
- Wakefield Railway Modellers' Society: Back Garden St, off George St, Wakefield, Mon. and Fri, 7.30pm. Telephone contact: 01924 256191.
- Wakefield Recorded Music Society: This friendly group meets on alternate Thursdays throughout the year at The Friends Meeting House, Thornhill Street, Wakefield at 7.15pm. Members share their interest in recorded classical music. More information and free Brochures supplied by any of the following:- Chairman: Chris Richmond Tel. 01924 - 370365, Treasurer: Fred Marshall Tel.01924 - 362086, Secretary: Wyn Garnett Tel.01924 - 211977.
- Wakefield Riding for the Disabled: Contact Mandy Keeley: 01924 257808.
- Wakefield Round Table: Contact Alan Penney, 4 Meadowcroft Court, Rooks Nest Farm, Outwood, Wakefield 01924 827272. (Mobile 0706 0076050)
- Wakefield Society of Model Engineers: Thornes Park Railway. Contact: Mr Tony Bickerstaffe, 1 Kenton Drive, Durkar, Wakefield: 01924 259932.
- Wakefield Speakers' Club, Adult Education Centre, Manygates Lane, Wakefield, last Thurs. in month.
- Wakefield Youth Hostel Association: Eastmoor First School, Wed, 7.30pm, plus weekend activities. Contact Torchy or Jean: 01226 700244.
- Walton Good Companions (Senior citizens' club): Walton Village Hall, alternate Thurs., 2pm. Chairman: Mr H. Thackrah: 01924 863721.
- Walton Village Association and Gala Committee: Organising the annual gala and events throughout the year. Helpers always needed. Chairman: Mrs June Ashton: 01924 256716.
- West Yorkshire Astronomical Society: Rosse Observatory, Carleton Grange, Carleton, Pontefract, Tue, 7.15pm-9pm. Secretary: Mr P. R. Dobson, 11 Balmoral Drive, Ferrybridge, Knottingley, WF11 8RQ.
- Whisky Delta Charlie DX and Radio Group: Contact Mr Ernie Kelly 43 Manor Haigh Rd, Lupset Wakefield 01924 363663.
- Yorkshire Bulldog Club: Secretary: Mr R. Jones, 232 Bradford Rd, Tingley, Leeds: 0113 252 5430.
- Yorkshire Model Stock Car Club: Radio-controlled stock car racing. Contact: Mr Bob Middleton, 28 Mackinnon Avenue, Normanton: 01924 890794.
- NHS Direct 0845 4647
- Pinderfields Hospital Wakefield 0844 811 8110
- Wakefield and District Cares Association 01924 201150
- Wakefield NHS Walk-in Centre 0844 811 8110
- Wakefield West Patient Advice and Liason Service 0800 953 0361
- Wakefield West Primary Care Trust 01924 213050
- Agbrigg Surgery 01924 251811
- Almshouse Surgery 01924 784104
- Alverthorpe Surgery 01924 372584
- Chaplethorpe Medical Centre 0844 477 3140
- Crofton Health Centre 0844 499 3995
- Eastmoor Health Centre 01924 327625
- Group Surgery, Ossett 01924 217999
- Grove Surgery, Trinity Medical Centre 01924 398002 Repeat prescriptions.
- Grove Surgery, Trinity Medical Centre 01924 784100 Call centre urgent appointments and visits.
- Grove Surgery, Trinity Medical Centre 01924 784101 Reception and routine appointments.
- Grove Surgery, Trinity Medical Centre 01924 784102 General enquiries.
- Homestead Clinic 01924 384498
- Lupset Health Centre 0844 477 8631
- Maybush Medical Centre 0844 477 3029
- Middlestown Health Centre 01924 237100
- New Southgate Surgery 01924 334400
- Orchard Croft Medical Centre 01924 271016
- Ossett Health Centre 01924 327760
- Outwood Park Medical Centre 01924 822626
- Prospect Road Surgery 01924 274123
- Stanley Health Centre 01924 822328
- Warrengate Surgery 01924 371011
- Lloyds Pharmacy Northgate 01924 372309
- Lloyds Pharmacy Outwood Park 01924 823264
- Lloyds Pharmacy Thornhill St 01924 373082
- Boots Upper Kirkgate 01924 376181
- Boots Lupset 01924 371712
- Boots Eastmoor 01924 291350
- Boots Upper Warrengate 01924 384235
- Boots Homestead Drive 01924 374817
- Living Care Pharmacy 01924 290435
- Rowlands Pharmacy Wrenthorpe 01924 384410
- Rowlands Pharmacy Asdale Road 01924 255007
- Rowlands Pharmacy Kettlethorpe 01924 254129
- Kingfisher Chemist 01924 291898
- Alliance Pharmacy 01924822307
- Asda Stores 01924 241800
- Belle Isle Pharmacy 01924 382030
- Cohens Chemist 01924 255273
- Horbury Road Pharmacy 01924 291977
- Outwood Pharmacy 01924 835330
- Sainsbury's Pharmacy 01924 301428
- Superdrug Stores 01924 370076
- The Co-Operative Pharmacy 01924 369987
- If you need to register with a NHS dentist ring 0845 122 0221
- A. Peterson & M Hawker: 102 High Street Crigglestone 01924 255437
- R. Nicholson & C Hutchinson: 27 High Street Crofton 01924 863018
- E. V. Willings, M. V. Willings, D. Wild, J. Robbins & M Spong: Vincent House, Queen Street, Horbury 01924 211234.
- M. J. Clarke: 29 Upper Lane Netherton 01924 278496.
- J. M. Cheethan, A Hall, C Osbourne & L. Wilson: 21 High Street Normanton 01924 893400.
- J. Milne, R. Glynn, A. Spencer, O. Rhodes & J. Whittaker: 2A Market Place, Normanton 01924 895864 & 01924 892144.
- G. N. Hirst, J. Boyne, C. A. O'Donnell & B. Smith: 46 Bank Street, Ossett 01924 273698 & 01924 273131.
- R. Sanford: 5, Queen Street, Ossett 01924 273124.
- M. Silvester: Consort House, Wesley Street, Ossett 01924 283283.
- C. Finnerty, P. Reid, C. Gratton & K. Russell: 569 Leeds Road, Outwood 01924 827854.
- S. Bottomley, M. Fraser, W. Seddon, E. Bamgboye & C. Bredenkamp: Sandal Health Centre Asdale Road Sandal 01924 256008.
- M. V. Butler: 385A Barnsley Road, Sandal 01924 255412 & 01924 255554.
- S. Wright & M. Millican: Wrenthorpe Health Centre, Wrenthorpe Lane, Wrenthorpe 01924 362913.
- C. Tovey, P. Little, J. Guest, J. Weston & N. Mills: 20, Bond Street, Wakefield 01924 374092.
- J. Roberts, P. Hedley & J. Kelly: 28, Bons Street, Wakefield 01924 372064.
- S. Richards & T. Jones: 39-41, Peterson Road, Wakefield 01924 386732.
- J. Matharoo, A. Hussein & M. Puthussery: 5, Queen Street, Wakefield 01924 375401.
- J. P. Hendron, S. Batty, S. C. Mc Nab, C. M. McCanny & L. Hithins: 155 Dewsbury Road, Wakefield 01924 383369.
CHILDCARE AND REGISTERED PLAYGROUPS
- Wakefield Metropolitan District Council: Early Education and Childrens Service, Chantry House, 123, Kirkgate, Wakefield: 0800 587 8042.
- Wakefield Metropolitan District Council: Housing & Social Care Dept., Registration & Inspection Unit: 71c Northgate, Wakefield: 01924 303435.
- Horbury Methodist Church Hall: High St, Horbury, Wakefield: 01924 261996. Tue and Thurs., 9.15am-11.45am; Wed, 9.15am-11.30am.
- St Mary's: Parish Centre, Green Lane, Horbury Bridge, Horbury, Wakefield: 01924 2620382. Tue and Thurs., 9.15am-11.45am.
- Tiny Tots Playgroup: Netherton Village Hall, Netherton, Wakefield: 01924 260400 and 01924 281297. Tue and Fri, 9.30am-11.30am.
- St Catherine's Toddler Group: St Catherine's Church Centre, Doncaster Rd, Wakefield: 01924 376402. Meet Tue 1.30pm-3pm.
- Southdale Christ Church Parish Centre: Vicar Lane, Ossett, Wakefield: 01924 278260. Tue, Thurs. and Fri, 9.30am-12noon; Tue, 12.45pm-2.45pm.
- Ossett Community Centre: Prospect Rd, Ossett, Wakefield: 01924 270926.Mon.-Fri, 9.30am-11.30am; 1pm-3pm.
- The Ark Playgroup: Ossett Baptist Church, Junction Lane, Ossett, Wakefield: 01924 280776. Mon., Thurs., and Fri, 9.15am-11.45am.
- United Reformed Church: Queens Terrace, Ossett, Wakefield: 01924 270364. Mon.-Fri, 9.15am-11.45am.
- Centre X: Junior and Infant School, Old Rd, Middlestown. Mon. and Thurs., 9am-11.30am.
- St George's Parish Church Crypt: Broadway, Lupset, Wakefield: 01924 386415. Mon., Tue, Thurs. and Fri, mornings.
- St John's Parish Centre: Wentworth St, Wakefield: 01924 2199778. Mon. to Fri, 9am - 4.30pm.
- St Paul's Church Vestry: St Paul's Drive, Alverthorpe. Mon. to Fri, 9.15am-11.45am.
- Phoenix Youth Club: Batley Rd, Alverthorpe, Wakefield: 01924 364282. Tue, Thurs. and Fri, 9.30am-11.45am.
- Sandal Playgroup: Adult Education Centre, Manygates Lane, Sandal, Wakefield: 01924 219160/ 01924 303312. Mon.-Fri, 9.15am-11.45am; 1.15pm-3.30pm.
- Baptist Church Hall: Belle Isle, Sandal, Wakefield: 01924 366212. Mon., Wed and Fri, 9.30am-12 noon.
- St Catherine's Playgroup: St Catherine's Church Centre, Doncaster Rd, Belle Vue, Wakefield: 01924 211130. Tue and Thurs. 9.30am-11am.
- Mission Hall: Brandy Carr Rd, Kirkhamgate, Wrenthorpe, Wakefield: 01924 367229. Mon. and Thurs., 1.30pm-3.30pm.
- Crigglestone Community Centre: Cliffe Rd, Crigglestone, Wakefield: 01924 2561866. Mon. and Wed 9.30am-11.45am.
- Church Institute: 53 Leeds Rd, Outwood, Wakefield: 01924 218475, Six sessions per week, ring for details.
- Rooks Nest Junior and Infant School, Rooks Nest Rd, Outwood, Wakefield: 01924 825922/ 01924 387033. Mon. to Fri 9am-11.30am and 12.45pm-3.15pm.
- Parish Council Centre: High St, Crofton, Wakefield: 01924 862815. Mon. to Fri 9.15am to 11.45am.
- Village Hall: Wrenthorpe Lane, Wrenthorpe, Wakefield: 01924 290884. Mon. to Fri 9.30am - 11.30am and 12.45pm to 2.45pm.
- Stanley Library: Community Centre, Lake Lock Rd, Stanley, Wakefield: 01924 373201/ 01924 823464. Mon. to Fri, 9am-11.30am; 12.45pm-3.15pm.
- New Life Christian Centre: Pentecostal Church, George St, Wakefield: 01924 299912. Mon. and Thurs., 9.15am-11.15am; Wed. 10am-12 noon.
- Ridings Shopping Centre Playgroup: Unit 31, All Saint's Walk, Ridings Shopping Centre, Wakefield: 01924 381327 (ext. 50). Mon. to Saturday, 9am-6pm. (Maximum stay: 3 hours per child.)
- Trinity Church: Norton Rd, off Stanley Rd, Wakefield: 01226 726407. Mon. and Wed, 9am-11am; 1pm-3pm.
- Normanton All Saints Parish Church: Parish Rooms, Snydale Rd, Normanton, Wakefield: 01924 890803. Eight sessions per week.
- Early Birds: Methodist Church schoolroom, Normanton, Wakefield: 01924 890832/ 01924 895661. Mon. to Fri, 9.15am-11.15am; 1.15pm-3.15pm.
- Sparklers: St Mary's Parochial Hal, Church Rd, Altofts, Wakefield: 01924 220571. Three sessions per week.
- Wakefield Mobile Playbus: Wakefield: 01924 378753. Morning sessions 9.30am to 11.30am, afternoon sessions 1pm-3pm.
- Alcohol Services, Pontefract and Wakefield: Grosvenor House, Union St, Wakefield: 01924 368429. Mon. to Fri 10am to 4pm, evening appointments available.
- Alcoholics Anonymous helpline 08457 697 555
- Arthritis Care - Action for People with Arthritis: Contact Mrs J Audsley, 11A Dovecote Lane, Horbury. Wakefield: 01924 272513
- Arthritis Research Campaign: Wakefield and District Branch. Contact Mrs J.M. Pickles, 45 School Lane, Walton, Wakefield: 01924 257107.
- British Diabetic Association, Wakefield branch: Diabetic Centre, Pinderfields Hospital, second Mon. each month, 7.30pm. Sec: Jill Newton: 01924 862353.
- Cash from Trash in aid of Charities: Community recycling of waste products supported by Wakefield Metropolitan Council. Aluminium cans and foil collection. Regional organiser Mr Steve Gilks MBE, 17 Forest Close, Wakefield: 01924 369380.
- Community Awareness Programme, 7 Wood Street, Wakefield WF1 2EL. : 01924 381119.
- DIAL (Disablement Information and Advice Line): Highfield House Resource Centre, Love Lane, Castleford. Mon. to Thurs., 9am-4pm. Organiser: Mrs Sylvia Lockwood. (Please ring 01977 723933)
- Disabled driving tuition: Mr Thomas, Wakefield: 01924 848292.
- Eastmoor Red Cross Stroke Club: Outwood Memorial Hall, alternate Thurs. each month, 10am-2.30pm. Contact Mrs S. Cousins: 01977 792267. Transport provided at both venues. Voluntary helpers always welcome.
- Gamblers' Anonymous: Salvation Army Citadel, Vicarage St, Wakefield. Wed 8pm.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Association: Wakefield and District. Contact Mrs M. Middleton, 2 Park Lane, Bretton, Wakefield: 01924 830228.
- Housing Aid Service: Housing Aid Centre, 4 The Springs, Wakefield: 01924 302085. Help and advice for anyone with housing or money problems in the area covered by Wakefield District Council. Hours: Mon. to Fri, 10am-4pm; phone advice 9am-5pm.
- Leukaemia Research Fund: Wakefield branch. Contact Mrs. Janet Kerr, 47 Woodthorpe Park Drive, Sandal, Wakefield. WF2 6SU 01924 259884.
- Lupset and Thornes Support Group: Contact Margaret Brooks: 01924 368026.
- Menopause Helpline: Contact Ms N. Fletcher, 38 Church View Close, Ryhill, Barnsley: 01226 728386 or Miss M Buckroyd, 57 Mulberry Place, Ryhill, Barnsley: 01226 728225.
- Multiple Sclerosis Society, Wakefield Branch: Contact 01924 823372 or e-mail wakefieldms (at) yahoo.co.uk
- National Federation of the Blind of the United Kingdom: Head Office, The Old Surgery 215 Kirkgate, Wakefield, Contact the General Sec: 01924 291313.
- National Heart Research Fund: Concord House, Park Lane, Leeds LS3 1EG. Contact Mrs P. Chapman, 7 Kingsley Avenue, Crofton, Wakefield: 01924 862625.
- Parkinson's Disease Society: Elizabethan Gallery, Brook Street, Wakefield, first Thurs. each month, 7.30pm. Sec: Mrs D. Harrison, 56 Silcoates St, Wakefield: 01924 384241.
- Protection of Animal Life (PAL). Rescue of abandoned dogs. Mrs M. Tyers, 24 Farne Avenue, Wakefield: 01924 378055.
- Relate Wakefield. 6 Cheapside, Wakefield: 01924 372494. Daytime: Mon. to Thur, and Sat morning; evenings: Tues., Wed and Thurs.
- Samaritans: Charlotte Street, Wakefield WF1 1UL: 01924 377011. Samaritans offer confidential listening and support to people who are distressed; lonely and often suicidal. Ring, write or call.
- St Gemma's Hospice (Gildersome Support Group): 12 East View, Street Lane, Gildersome, Leeds. Sec. Mrs M. E. Rodgers: 0113 253 9078.
- St John Ambulance: County Office, Healey Road, Ossett WF5 8LN Tel. 01924 262726.
Badgers (6 - 10years) & Cadets (10 - 18 years) Monday Night 7.00 to 8.30 Contact Ann Broadbent for badgers 07788402343 and Paula Preston for cadets 07812722017, adults 18+ Wednesday nights 7.00+ contact Paula Preston 07812722017
- Victim Support, Wakefield Metropolitan District: Co-ordinator: Cath Saxton, PO Box 130, Wakefield WF1 2XQ, Wakefield: 01924 369107.
- VINE (Vision Is Not Essential): Contact Mr D. Purdy, 3 Ashfield St, Normanton, Wakefield: 01924 893209.
- Voluntary Action Wakefield District:
Wakefield office, 11 Upper York St, Mon. to Thurs., 9am-3-30pm. Joint Chief Officer (Wakefield): Mr John Issitt: 01924 367418.
Pontefract office, 10/12 Finkle St, Mon. to Thurs., 9am-12-30pm, afternoons; Mon. and Tues., 1-30pm-3-15pm; Wed and Thurs. 1-30pm-4-15pm.
Joint Chief Officer (Pontefract): Mrs Jean Thompson: 01977 797474.
- Wakefield and District Carers Association: Confidential, information and support service for carers. 25 King St, Wakefield WF1 2SR: 01924 305544.
- Wakefield and District Friends of the Home Farm Trust: Sec: Mrs J. Wilson, 52 Brookfields, Netherton, Wakefield: 01924 277624.
- Wakefield and District Mobile Physiotherapy Association: Chief Executive Officer, 2 Marsland Avenue, Wakefield: 01924 373083.
- Wakefield and District RSPCA: Animal welfare and education centre. Garden St, Wakefield: 01924 365625.
- Wakefield Hospice: Aberford Rd, Wakefield. Hospice helpline: 01924 213900
- Wakefield Hospice (Fundraising): Hemingway House, Thornes Moor Rd, Wakefield: 01924 383294.
- Wakefield Breathe Easy: A support group for people living with breathlessness. Pinderfields Hospital, Aberford Road, Wakefield, first Tuesday every month. Contact Ms J. Weldon: 01924 212449.
- Wakefield Citizens' Advice Bureau: 27 King St, Wakefield: 01924 372563. Open Tues. and Thurs., 10am-3pm; Mon.-Fri, 10am-12.30pm.
- Wakefield Red Cross Stroke Club: Ossett Community Centre, Prospect Rd, alternate Mon.'s each month, 10am-2.30pm. Contact Mavis Pool: 01924 379521
- Wakefield Resource Centre: Thornhill St, Wakefield: 01924 303600.
- Wakefield Society for the Blind: Sec: Mrs M. Nixon, 'Bardon', Runtlings, Ossett WF5 8JJ: 01924 262643.
- Wakefield Talking Newspapers Association: 35 Peterson Road, Wakefield WF1 4DU: 01924 201000 (Answerphone)
- Wakefield Toy Library (for handicapped children): Main Hall, Fieldhead Hospital, Contact Mrs J. Reynolds: 01924 864457.
- Well Women Centre: 6 Cheapside, Wakefield WF1 2SD, Wakefield: 01924 211114. Drop-in sessions are Monday evening 5 - 8pm, and Friday morning 10am to 1pm.
- Wrenthorpe Aged Welfare Association: Sec: Mrs Marion Sawden: 01924 363101.
- Yorkshire and Humberside Low Pay Unit: Commercial St, Batley. Wakefield: 01924 443850.
This page (wakeinfo.html) was last modified on Thursday 14/02/2013