Telephone 01924 328654
Open all year on Wednesdays 10.00am to 4.00pm.
This museum depicts the story of the West Riding Pauper Lunatic Asylum, founded in 1818,
closed in 1995.
It contains restraining equipment, padded cell, medical and surgical equipment, documents with the Royal Signs Manual.
Also a scale model of the original 1818 building and photographs dating from 1862.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids